Terms & Conditions
This page tells you the terms and conditions for your use of the website www.TheLuberon.com (“the site”). By using the site, you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to abide by them.
Use of the site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on the site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us. We are an advertising service for rental property owners (“owners”) and an accommodation search facility for potential renters (“renters”). We do not own any of the properties advertised on the site. We have no involvement in the booking process or transaction, although we may provide tools to enable the transaction. Any part of an actual or potential transaction between an owner and renter, including the quality, safety or legality of the properties advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, are solely the responsibility of each user.
The site is not party to any contractual relationship between the renter and the owner, and does not mediate between the renter and owner in the event of any dispute arising between them. This is true even if the site facilitates booking a property, as the site is not a party to any rental or other agreement between renters and owners.
We are not responsible for the condition of the rental properties listed on the site or the compliance with laws, rules or regulations that may be applicable to any rental property in any jurisdiction.
Limited licence to use the site
Users are granted a limited, non-exclusive licence to access the site and the content and services provided on the site in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any use of the site that is not in accordance with these terms or as otherwise authorized by us in writing is expressly prohibited.
We do not own nor do we enter into any contract concerning the rental, or other disposition of any of the properties on the site.
We are not responsible for user-contributed content.
The licence to use the site granted to users in these terms and conditions does not include any right of collection, aggregation, copying, scraping, duplication, display or derivative use of the site nor any right of use of data mining, robots, spiders or similar data gathering and extraction tools without our prior written permission You agree not to do any of the following:
- any commercial use of the site or any content therein;
- copy, download, reproduce, post, distribute, display, republish, or transmit any part of the content;
- modify, translate into any language or computer language, or create derivative works from, any content or any part of the site;
- use the site and its inquiry functionality other than to make legitimate enquiries to owners;
- use the site to transmit information that is in any way false, fraudulent, or misleading, including making any reservation or enquiry under false pretences, or taking any action that may be considered phishing or that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
Each site user acknowledges and agrees that we may store and process any data transmitted to the site from such user at locations both within and outside of the USA.
This site contains links to other internet sites - the site is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
Limit of liability
We disclaim all liability and responsibility for any loss or damage (including personal injury) suffered or incurred by you or another party arising from:
- any reliance by any user of our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents, placed on any advertisement, commentary and other materials posted on our site, or any error or mistake or inaccuracy contained in any statement, description, representation or other information made about or in connection with a property listed on our site;
- the act or omission of the owner or any failure of the owner to perform or comply with any of the terms of the contract between the owner and renter, including a failure to provide the property on the requested date (whether due to a double-booking or otherwise), or a failure to provide the property in the condition or with the amenities that such property was advertised on our site;
- any loss leading from vulnerabilities or insecurities in an owner's email program, computer or other device;
- any loss of or damage to personal possessions at a property; or
- any incident or occurrence which takes place at a property.
Renting of properties
Any contract for the renting of a property on the site is between the renter and the owner of the property. If you make an arrangement with any of the owners, this is at your sole risk.
No partnership or agency
Nothing in these terms and conditions or in your use of the site creates, or is intended to establish, any partnership, joint venture or agency between us.
Although we will do our best to prevent intentional misuse of the site and the dissemination of harmful programs via the site, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any intentional misuse of the site or the distribution of viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site.
Linking to the site
You may link to the site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any Website that is not owned by you.
These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of France. If any part of these terms and conditions is found illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected.